Applecross Antiques, established in 1975, trading antiques online since 1999. Dealers in the old, the rare and the beautiful.
Alan, of Applecross Antiques, approached me about his website following my work with Shropshire Cat Rescue for their website relaunch earlier in the year.
Alan’s existing website, based upon the Drupal content management system, was no longer serving his needs. Keen to refresh the look and feel, as well as service his customers needs from a more stable platform, Alan’s needs included:
- Being able to accommodate a massive inventory of antiques, including an historical sales archive
- Support for multiple languages and multiple currencies
- Integration with both PayPal and Stripe payment gateways, as well as accepting payment via BACS and cheque
- Strong search functionality
- Ongoing WordPress support and maintenance
Utilising Aisling Brock’s extensive design experience and Applecross Antiques’ original branding we created a new WordPress website, using the WooCommerce add-on, that reflected the traditional aesthetic of the antique industry while utilising modern clean lines and use of whitespace. The Applecross website is fully responsive, allowing prospective customers to browse and purchase antiques on any modern device.
Hosted on Clook Internet’s specialised WordPress Hosting based on the LiteSpeed web server software to increase speed & response rates, the Applecross Antiques website is fast, secure and kept up-to-date with a WordPress maintenance package.